Do you ever have those days when you are so tired you think that you could fall asleep standing up? When you frantically try to think of anything to occupy your children so you can sneak a 10-minute nap? ("Of course you may take your Daddy's tools and build something impressive. Remember your protective eye wear and don't use any power tools. They're very noisy"). I was feeling like that today, and the girls decided that they wanted to play blocks together. Yay! Just as I was mentally running through my 15-minutes of me time, I got a call. From Anna's teacher. Who is beautiful and sweet and perfect. She left some cookies for me at the front office of the school, and could I pick them up before everyone left for the Christmas holiday?
AHHHHH! Of course I would be happy to. So I grabbed the kids, threw (nicely) them in the car, and left. Only when I stopped at the school and Anna stared at my feet did I realize what had happened.
Anna: "Um, Mom. Did you forget your shoes?"

Me (thinking): Well, no I feel something warm on my feet. Hello, its raining outside. I wouldn't forget to wear . . . . oh, crap.
Me (verbally): No.
Anna: Mom, you're wearing slippers.
Me: Um, I just need to run in the school and grab some cookies.
Anna:
In the school? Oh, Mom, I'm so embarrassed.
Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but I swear that this wasn't supposed to happen until she was at least 9 or 10 years old. Pink fuzzy slippers are cool, dang it.
1 comment:
LOL thank you for the good laugh! It even brought on a few tears.
Post a Comment