On Saturday, Sean and Elizabeth had a epic battle, one that will go down in the Naef family history book. It was brutal - broom verses ceiling fan duster. With every strike, the dust really flew. Elizabeth was sure that she would come out triumphant, but seeing as she was severely handicapped in the match, she had to play smart. (Elizabeth is 3 feet tall and had a 3 foot duster. Sean is almost 6 feet tall and had the 5 foot broom). The battle of words and cleaning implements went something like this -
Elizabeth: We are going to name our baby Wonder Woman.
*crack*
Sean: Mom is not going to deliver a baby that comes out with a tool belt.
Elizabeth: WONDER WOMAN DOES NOT HAVE A TOOL BELT!
*crack*
Sean: Yes she does. Where does she hold her things?
*crack*
Elizabeth: She only has a magic lasso!
Sean: Right. Held on her tool belt.
Elizabeth: NO!
*crack*
Sean: Luke, I am your father.
Elizabeth: MY NAME IS NOT LUKE!
*crack*
With the final crack, Elizabeth hit Sean in the thumb (told you she'd have to play smart). Dropping his weapon, he grabbed her duster and lifted it in the air horizontally. Not being the type to lose gracefully, she held on with both hands. And with that, the battle became an odd kind of work out session, with Sean curling barbel-Elizabeth.
Sean: Wonder Woman has a tool belt.
Elizabeth: hee, hee, hee.
And so the question was never really answered - Does Wonder Woman have a tool belt? Should this even be an issue? Personally, I think that with an outfit that tight, we'd all know if she had tools strapped onto her waist. But that's just me.
I Do Now
6 days ago

2 comments:
Hahahaha! The mental images that accompanied this as I read were just great. I could totally see it. :) I love that your girls love The Justice League and especially women superheroes. My girls are still so stuck on princesses...
I think you need to get those girls some lightsabers!!!
Benji and Elizabeth would have so much fun fighting together, sigh. We miss you guys but it is fun to see your doing well.
Post a Comment