I explained to Anna that when I was a little girl, Reading Rainbow was my favorite show. She interrupted my out-loud reverie by asking the wrong question. "Mom, is the guy on Reading Rainbow really that old?"

*gasp - stunned silence*
My answer - "Anna, I'm not that old, and neither is he." I pretty sure can't sit there and allow her to slander the likes of LaVar Burton, on whom I have had a crush since the age of four.
But I think I am going to rock her little everyone-on-tv-is-as-young-as-they-look fantasy this afternoon. Guess what, kid? Maria from Sesame Street is that old, too (60). So are Luis and Gordon. Hee, hee. And I'm just getting started. Let's see if she can wrap her five-year-old brain around that one.

2 comments:
You're so funny! Isn't it awful how they think we're so old??? Garrett was singing a song that he had made up the other day...the lyrics consisted only of 'My dad is 30, my mom is 31!' Now picture it being sung at the top of his lungs in his funny sing-song voice over and over and over and over! Sheesh...being a mom is a blow to the ego! :)
I loved Reading Rainbow! Crazy to think we are now "old." :)
Post a Comment