Tonight, as I was sifting through the never-ending pile of paper that always finds its way to my desk, Anna came in and said she couldn't sleep. As this is a fairly common problem, I always tell her something different to do each night. Tonight's solution? "Just close your eyes and think about something really boring," I counseled her, "That's what I do sometimes when I can't sleep."
"I guess," she replied. "Hey, did you ever remember a boring time when your mom took you to the Salvation Army to help sort through Christmas presents, and then you had to sit for two hours while your mom did paperwork because there was a mean lady at the sorting table who wouldn't let your family help because there were young kids? And the paperwork lady really liked the help so you had to stay forever?"
Did I mention I took the kids to volunteer at the Salvation Army right before Christmas?
I Do Now
6 days ago

1 comment:
You are a good woman Katy! I avoid taking my girls out as much as possible! My girls are totally loving dad being home because we are not doing boring things.
Post a Comment