I'm not quite sure, but I think the following conversation qualifies me for "bad momdom." We were at the "Three Dollar Car Wash." (Yes, it is only $3 for a full-service wash with free vacuums).
Anna - "Mom, can I help you vacuum the car?"
Bad Mom - "Not today. Please stay in the car with your sister. This is not the best neighborhood."
Anna - "Mom, why are in we in a bad neighborhood?"
Bad Mom - "Because this car wash is a really good deal."
Anna - "Oh. That makes sense."
Let me qualify - the car wash is not in a "bad neighborhood." We don't live in New York City for heaven's sake. Its by Sean's office, which is not exactly the ghetto. Its just on a busy street in an area that doesn't exactly resemble Mayberry. That aside - I'm not sure, but I think that when Anna totally agrees with the logic of my "good deal" argument, we have spent a few too many hours bargain shopping. But the real question - will we go back? Can you in good conscience pay $10 at the car wash around the corner?
I Do Now
6 days ago

1 comment:
A bad mother? Hardly! Your stories are so funny. I'm happy to see your witty sense of humor has thrived in motherhood.
Post a Comment