Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Umbrellas everywhere

It rained all day today, so we made a trip to the store to buy the essential item we didn't bring with us - an umbrella. If only for the umbrellas, it is totally worth living in Virginia. You can't find them this big in Utah, and if you could, you didn't need them. The one we got tonight could fit a family underneath it - and not just a little family, a family that loves certain Southern cooking (fried chicken, its everywhere).

Imagine the potential for this umbrella - rain, sun, snow, fighting large intruders. It does it all. Its only downfall - it opens at approximately 35 miles an hour, though I couldn't get a precise clocking of the speed. Anna wants to take it to school tomorrow. hmmmm.

1 comment:

becky said...

Whoa - that's one giant umbrella. The funniest is seeing people on the streets of D.C. with theirs turned inside out. I can only laugh because my umbrella, too, has been a victim of ravishing winds.

So I need your mailing address! And let's make a date soon.

xoxo