I propose that a SuperMom is less defined by what she looks like than by how she influences those around her. If I created a SuperMom action figure, she would probably be in jeans, a ponytail, and with a spot of mustard on her shirt (because let's face it, somehow it happens every day). Her kids would look content, well fed, and on a good day might not have same mustard spot on them. In fact, if they are younger, they are probably wearing an assortment of their favorite clothing - capes, tutus, hats, or plastic shoes that click everytime they hit a solid surface. They have completed any homework, done their reading and chores, and now are harrassing Supermom. Because if you are Supermom, your kids are not going to get to do everything they want to. After a mostly nutritious dinner, they are on their way to bed while Supermom cheers up her Superhusband after his long day at work. Superhusband always looks dashing in his dress clothes, because Supermom can press shirts and slacks at the speed of light. Supermom looks tired by the evening, but she smiles as she thinks back on all the important things she has done - school projects, a game of make-believe, driven 10 times between the house and the school, wiped up tears, sang songs, changed diapers . . . she falls asleep before she can remember the rest.When I think of it, Supermom kind of resembles my mom - except she always looked fabulous :).

2 comments:
I love the description you have offered for a supermom! But I do have to disagree it does seem to describe you as well!
I suppose I have been able to carry on that kind of facade. If only you knew the dark truth . . .
Post a Comment