The girls had been suspiciously quiet for several minutes, and I knew they had to be up to something. Up to something usually means that I am going to have some kind of disaster on my hands. Most of the time it involves paper, scissors, glue, paint, glitter, and a whole lot of mess.
I walked into the living room to find them quietly folding the dishtowels and tablecloths in the laundry basket. I know! I couldn't quite believe it, and I was so deliriously happy that I was afraid I had imagined it; but see - I have photographic evidence.

Anna said, "We knew you were having a bad day, so we decided to help you out. Does it make you happy, Mom?" I told her that they had made me very, very happy. "Even happier than at Disneyland, Mom?" I told her it was even better than Disneyland.
She thinks I'm weird.
I love my kids.

3 comments:
I think I would have sat down and cried! (Well, not really, but you know the feeling.) :) How awesome!
They are amazing kids - probably because they have an amazing mom!
That is so sweet!
Post a Comment