There is only one way to defeat the mullet - with scissors. And it does not go down without a fight. The proposal of a pixie cut was voted down by Sean, who doesn't really trust my ability with a pair of scissors. So - this is what we ended up with -

Not bad, you might say. It looks suspiciously like something the girls in my high school were wearing 12 years ago, but it definitely could be worse. How did we achieve such a fabulous change? (Note the before and after pictures - I purposefully used a not-so-great picture for the before ones. I've learned a thing or two from weight loss commercials.)Scissors were not the only necessary tool for this transformation. The second? Hair Gel!!! Lots and lots and lots of Hair Gel!! Since we didn't own any of this magical liquid/goo, we went on a quest for it at the local Wal Mart. And I discovered a unique attribute of our Wal Mart - the hair-care-products-for-people-who-are-not-my-same-race-aisle. Now, keeping in mind that I grew up in Montana and then lived in Utah, you will appreciate my wonder at this particular section. Woo hoo!! Bottles and tubes and tubs and containers. It was like being in a chemistry lab, and I could buy anything there. Sean literally dragged me out of the aisle to the (boring) section with things like Herbal Essences and Suave. But guess what? He forgot an important thing - I totally have my own car, my own money, and plenty of time during the day. Oh yeah. And when the mullet starts making a comeback (and I know it will), you know where you'll find me.

2 comments:
Such a cute haircut! Love that aisle, and don't forget now when you get dry skin you aren't just dry your ashy!
I think you must be the expert on all things southern. Ashy? yikes.
Post a Comment